Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Just Checking In

I haven't posted in a while but as I say, I don't have alot to post about. Today I met up with Lou and Sue to eat at Dairy Queen in Loogootee. My b-day was in April and Lou has been wanting to take me to lunch since then and we just now made it today. It has been a busy summer. We are now in our 5th week of kindergarten and Trinity still loves it. When I pick her up from school and ask her what she learned today she says "you'll see" referring to when I look through her folder when we get home. She is so funny and has picked up on so many new sayings! I am trying to get a position as a sub. in the school system because I am getting bored. So far I haven't been called so hopefully that will pick up soon. My brother Jon is doing good in NC with the Marines. He said he will be on the shooting range all week because he is also a range coach. When another marine in Jon's battalion needs to shoot, Jon has to go with him to "show" him the correct ways. As of now, Jon will be leaving for Kuwait sometime the first of the year and his tour will be 1 year instead of the normal 7 months.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Melissa,

Enjoyed our time at DQ. Wish I could have stayed longer. We need to meet another time when I'm not working. We don't talk enough!

love ya!

Donna C said...

Wish we could have seen you when we were over on the 4th to move Les back. I about got dizzy trying to figure out who all the little ones belonged to.Tell Jordan to look at the "Big Buck" I posted on my blog today. It ought to get him fired up for bow season.
Love ya Donna "Jean"