Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hello

Hello everyone! I just finished having a tupperware party at my house tonight. I don't think I seen a couple of faces that were invited? Ha! Ha! Just kidding. I'm sure Sue had some kind of sporting event and Lou was probably working. Anyway, you can make it up to me in the near future because Leigh Ann just insisted that I sign up to sell. So, I will be needing some parties. I wasn't really interested in selling since I also just signed up to sell pampered chef. Whatever! I guess I was just saying I needed something to do!

Anyway, I talked to Jonathon today and he said he's pretty sure that he got his top secret clearance. He has been working on this for quite a few months and is relieved that he got it. He said sometimes it is really hard to get. He also said that he got nominated to go in front of the Merit board to be promoted to Corporal. This is a really great honor for him and says a lot for how far he has come in the Marines and what all he has accomplished. Normally you are promoted based on time in the corps and scoring in different fields. Considering that he has only been in the corps for a little over a year and might be promoted to corporal already is awesome! For those of you that don't understand how his rank works (we didn't when he first started) in boot camp he was known as recruit, then upon graduation he went to private, then private first class, and now lance corporal. Considering he spent three months in boot, he has only had ten months to advance this far. He said he has a list of things he had to get done before deployment to Kuwait in January, including his anthrax and small pox vaccines. He said he wants to wait as long as possible to get these because the small pox vaccine normally makes you a little ill for a while.

Trinity gets to go on her first field trip tomorrow. They are going to the Washington library to listen to a story and then off to Eastside park for a picnic and a "bear hunt". They have really been talking a lot about bears in class so far. I have yet to figure out why but I am assuming that they are learning from this. I always tell Trin that by the time kindergarten is over she will know everything there is to know about every kind of bear that there is. I have gotten called to sub at the HS three more times. They are all scheduled in the next couple of weeks but I do go tomorrow for half of a day. Tomorrow I am filling in for the spanish teacher so maybe the class can teach me a thing or two.

Anyway, gotta go to bed. Talk later.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Melissa,

Sorry! After I got back from a Post Prom parent meeting Thurday night I was trying to tidy up the bar and I picked up your invite thinking I'd better ck the date. Too late. I felt really bad not calling at all but it just slipped my attention. You're right about sporting events. Busy weeks until cc and v-ball seasons are over.

Hope your party was a success.

Sue