Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

We had a really nice holiday this year and I am so thankful for my family. We all had dinner at my house and everything turned out really well. We hung out all afternoon watching videos on You Tube! Dad thought this was the neatest thing he had ever seen and kept wanting us to find another video! We took Jonathon back to the airport Monday morning and we settled back in to our normal routine. My husband John came home from Iowa last night from a two week trip. Hopefully his rotation does not fall over Christmas also. Today we made a trip to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and my wonderful husband decided that we needed a new christmas tree. This tree was really pretty and stood 7 1/2 feet tall and he thought we just had to have it. So we brought it home and began putting this thing together. What we didn't look at in the store was how big around this thing was when fully assembled, try 4 1/2 feet! This tree definately does not belong in our house and dominates the room but we definately have had a lot of laughs! Trinity has found her easter eggs that we hidden in her closet and she thinks that it is so much fun to hide them in the house and have someone find them. I think she is confused about what season it is and cannot see the HUGE tree standing in the corner!

1 comment:

Lou said...

Hey,wish I knew you were looking for a tree-I also have a 7 1/2 foot tree(and its probably 4 1/2 feet around!)and I was wanting to sell it this year,but wound up putting it back up because I couldn't find a pencil tree like I wanted. With my family expanding, it's getting a little crowded in my living room.I'm thinking about having our christmas in the basement this year where there's more room.Did you have to put your's all together, or is it a pop-up?