Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gingerich Christmas

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I know we did. We have been re-doing Trinity's bedroom a little bit at a time and last week we painted the walls pink and painted a huge chalkboard on one of the walls. Here are pics of the chalkboard.


Christmas Eve morning we opened presents at our house. We have so many get togethers that this is our only time to open presents without being rushed. Christmas Eve all of the Miller's went to Crystal's for food and dirty santa. Then Christmas morning we always go to dad's for breakfast and gift exchange. Trinity got lots of toys that she wanted and she even made the comment "I'm livin' the good life"! I do not encourage santa and feel like it's a lie but the last couple of years she will see santa at different events and say "see mom, there is a santa. There he is." I would try to explain but she wasn't hearing it. So instead of arguing with her, I just go along with whatever she says. So Christmas morning when she woke up and seen her stocking she said "Why didn't santa come?" and I said he brought your stocking and she said "But I asked for Barbies!" I didn't know what to do then. She had already opened all of her barbies from us. And then I remembered that LeighAnn had bought her a barbie too. So I told Trin that santa must have forgot and took it to papa's house instead. I called LeighAnn real fast and had her change the name tag to "from Santa". Trinity never new the difference but next year I will definately have to save some stuff for santa. Here are some pictures of the holidays. Marshall and Breanna are Taylor's step-children and Daniel is Rachel's boyfriend.


2 comments:

Sue said...

Thats funny...I thought for sure I saw you at the Swartzentruber Christmas???? haha

Wendy Gingerich said...

that looks like so much fun! wish i were there with her!!!

w