Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?!

I was looking at my blog and realized that another two weeks has almost went by since I posted. John has been out of town and Trin and I are just hanging out and trying to carry on with our routine. He is suppose to be in sometime early Sunday morning. I think he will be home for two weeks and then go back for two weeks. We had parent teacher conference this past week and of course Trinity did fine.

Yesterday started just like any other day. I took the girls to school and was planning a day at the house and running some errands but little did I know that God had other plans. I got a phone call yesterday morning that a very good friend of mine from Vincennes had a heart attack and was not doing very well. So I went over to the hospital to visit thinking that she would eventually be OK and I could visit with her. When I arrived at the hospital, her husband tells me that she suffered extensive brain damage due to lack of oxygen and she is in a vegetative state with no brain activity. To make a long story short and to spare you the details, tomorrow is her 40TH b-day. She leaves behind a wonderful husband, a daughter, son, and grand daughter that she has been raising as her own. And also all of her other wonderful family. I told her husband yesterday that my mom has been gone 13 years and I still don't understand why God took her, but I do know that there is a reason that I may never know. His big question right now is "Why, why her?" Been there, done that.

Anyway, please pray for God's will in this situation. There's nothing else left for this family to do but pray.

No comments: